Close your eyes, believe, and take flight in North America’s latest theatrical production of Peter Pan LIVE at the world-class Durham Performing Arts Center from February 27 – March 3! The musical’s glowing reviews from its holiday launch in The Ordway have excited the nation for its 2024 touring season, which confirmed 19 venues in its months-long trip. So come on and join the adventures of Peter Pan (Nolan Almeida) and the Darling children in Neverland — a mythical place where “Lost Boys” never grow up and pirates and crocodiles creep in every corner. Two-time Emmy Award winner Lonny Price will direct, showcasing a revised book written by acclaimed Native American playwright Larissa FastHorse. The musical will also revive Carolyn Leigh and Moose Charlap’s original score, which features classics such as “I’m Flying” and “I Won’t Grow Up.” Think “lovely thoughts,” sprinkle some fairy dust, and book your tickets now to meet Peter Pan LIVE!
Peter Pan Tickets
“A tremendously enjoyable musical comedy that sparkles like fairy dust in its high-energy debut.” – Pioneer Press
“Entertaining and transporting. The magic is still there.” – Star Tribune
Flying high off his official debut in Baltimore’s Hippodrome, Peter Pan invites you to join his antics and adventures in any of the 18 North American theaters left for the season. Looking to meet him sooner rather than later? Then go and bring the entire family to his second tour stop at the Durham Performing Arts Center, which will be presenting a run of shows from the 27th of February to the 3rd of March!
Directed by Emmy Award winner Lonny Price, the Peter Pan Musical features a modernized book from visionary Native American playwright Larissa FastHorse while also reviving the iconic score by Carolyn Leigh and Morris “Moose” Charlap, which includes classic songs such as “I’m Flying,” “I Gotta Crow,” and “I Won’t Grow Up.”
“A captivating experience that will leave your entire family thoroughly Hooked!” – BroadwayWorld
Wake up in the dark of night to the glimmer of pixie dust and come face-to-face with the “Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up!” Spirited away by the playful Peter Pan and his grape-sized fairy sidekick Tinkerbell, Wendy and her brothers will find themselves taking flight to the mystical isle of Neverland. Meet the motherless “Lost Boys,” the brave princess Tiger Lily, and the vengeful pirate Captain Hook in this magical tale of missing shadows, sword fights, and tick-tocking crocs that captured the imaginations of children around the world for 70 years!
The production’s exclusive holiday launch in The Ordway revealed a musical more than ready to soar across America, showcasing exemplary performances from its lively cast.
“It is full of magic and wonder and appropriate for the whole family.” – Play off the Page
Lead star Nolan Almeida breaks ground as the titular boy in green — traditionally played by female actors in previous renditions — bringing a boyish charm that immediately endears him to the audience. Meanwhile, Cody Garcia’s Captain Hook strikes an exceptional balance between menacing villain and lovable rogue that’s, put in simple words, infectiously fun.
“One of my favorite parts is getting to hear the kids in the audience every night. To know that we are bringing some level of joy and happiness to a kid’s life is something that I value very much,” Almeida shared in an interview with Jared Fessler of BroadwayWorld.
- Nolan Almeida as Peter Pan
- Cody Garcia as Captain Hook
- Hawa Kamara as Wendy
- Raye Zaragoza as Tiger Lily
- Shefali Deshpande as Mrs. Darling
- Kurt Perry as Smee
- William Foon and Micah Turner Lee as John
- Reed Epley and Jayden Guarneri as Michael
The show’s ensembles will also introduce the following talents: Charles Antenen, Jonah Barricklo, Eric Allen Boyd, Christina Hélène Braa, Brandon Gille, Ryan Perry Marks, Michael Marrero, Kenny Ramos, Hannah Schmidt, and Kiara Williams. Swings, on the other hand, enlist Dance Captain Bailey Frankenberg and Asst. Dance Capt. Tony Collins, with Leo Gallegos and Cheyenne Omani.
THE CREATIVE TEAM
- Sir J.M. Barrie – Author, Original Play
- Carolyn Leigh – Lyricist
- Morris “Moose” Charlap – Composer
- Betty Comden and Adoph Green – Additional Lyrics
- Amanda Green – Additional Lyrics
- Jules Styne – Additional Music
- Jerome Robbins – Original Director and Choreographer
- Larissa FastHorse – Additional Book
- Lonny Price – Director
- Lorin Latarro – Choreographer
- Paul Rubin – Flying Sequence Choreographer
- Andy Einhorn – Music Supervisor and Additional Arrangements
- Anna Louizos – Scenic Design
- Sarafina Bush – Costume Design
- Amith Chandrashaker – Lighting Design
- Kai Harada – Sound Design
- David Bengali – Projection Design
- J. Jared Janas – Wig, Hair & Makeup Design
- Paul Kieve – “Tinker Bell” Design
- David Dabbon – Fight Music & Dance Arrangements
- Sordelet Inc. – Fight Direction
- John Mezzio – Music Coordinator
- Jonathan Marro – Music Director
- ARC/Duncan Stewart – Casting
- Bond Theatrical – Tour Booking, Marketing & Publicity
- Gentry & Associates – General Management
- Music Theatre International – Theatrical Licensing Agent
- Trinity Wheeler – Executive Producer
- NETworks Presentations – Producer
- Luke Meyer – Company Manager
- Kyle Hess – Assistant Company Manager
- Megan Belgam – Production Stage Manager
- Kendall Stevens – Assistant Stage Manager
The perennial tale of Peter Pan traces a deep history, dating back to the early 20th century with the eponymous 1904 play by J. M. Barrie. Its first musical adaptation debuted on Broadway 50 years later to spectacular acclaim, winning in three categories (including Best Performances for its main actors) at the 9th Tony Awards. Succeeding revivals would later earn nods in a similar vein, consistently nominated for Best Revival in 1980, 1991, and 1999.
“Peter Pan will delight young and old alike and in the great tradition of the Christmas Pantomime.” – The Stages of MN
Neverland awaits! Choose a date from February 27 to March 3 and book your seats now for Peter Pan, a theatrical production, LIVE at the Durham Performing Arts Center!