Durham Performing Arts Center Rules
As part of its commitment to the safe enjoyment of events for all patrons, DPAC has a set of rules, guidelines, and policies that should be followed. Please read and adhere to the following rules as failure to abide by these rules may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact DPAC at 919-680-2787.
DPAC offers several accommodations to make sure that everyone can enjoy performances and productions equally. These accommodations include.
- DPAC’s Courtesy Shuttle from American Tobacco’s North Deck will offer transportation to the venue. Accessible parking for the shuttle is located on the ground floor.
- Accessible Parking is available from American Tobacco’s East Deck, American Tobacco’s North Deck, President’s Club Parking Area, and Vivian Street
- The Vivian Street accessible parking deck offers a free pick-up/drop-off service to get to and from the venue
- Accessible seating is available throughout the venue, including seating that’s ideal for patrons with hearing or vision difficulties.
- All levels of the venue are accessible via elevator
- Assisted Listening Devices available at the box office before curtain time. Patrons are required to supply valid photo ID to request these devices.
- Service animals are welcome and event staff can help you find an aisle seat for your service animal’s benefit
Arriving late may result in guests being asked to wait in the lobby until a designated break period. To avoid frustration, DPAC recommends that you arrive no later than 45 minutes before a ticketed event to make sure you have plenty of time to find parking and get to your seat.
Large bags are not allowed in the venue. Smaller bags may be subject to inspection by event staff and security. Guests may refuse searches and event staff reserves the right to refuse entry.
Camera and Recording Equipment Policy
Recording equipment and professional cameras with removable lenses are not allowed in most cases. At the event managers’ discretion, these rules may be modified or altered. Please refer to the event program or description for details.
DPAC allows children entry into most shows at the venue. If a show or event is age-restricted it will be described as such in the program description or program guide. If a child is disruptive during an event, the child and their accompanying parent or guardian may be asked to wait in the lobby.
All guests require a ticket regardless of age.
Outside food and drink are not allowed in the theater for most events and shows. If a specific show or event allows drinks and refreshments, it will be discussed in the program guide. There are on-site concessions stands available in the BlueCross BlueShield Atrium located in the lobby.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can ask event staff for help with finding the lost and found service. You can also call 919-680-2787 after the performance. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item. DPAC does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
DPAC restricts certain items to keep guests and event staff safe. Please refer to the list below for details. All bags and guests are subject to visual inspections and any prohibited items may be disposed of or returned to guest vehicles. To avoid frustration, please refer to the list below.
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray/mace, flares, and fireworks
- Drugs and other illegal substances
- Outside food and beverage, including cans, bottles, flasks, and coolers
- Video or audio recording devices, laptops/computers
- Noise making devices (i.e. air horns, drums, whistles, etc.)
- Flashlights, laser pointers, and other distracting light-producing objects
- Unapproved promotional pamphlets and/or product samples
- Wheeled conveyances other than wheelchairs and strollers (i.e. skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, etc.); strollers are not permitted in seating areas
- Large bags (i.e. backpacks, suitcases, luggage, etc); bags may not be larger than 12”x12”
- Other prohibited items: chairs, umbrellas, two-way radios, beach balls, balloons, permanent markers, and spray paint
Smoking is not allowed at the venue. Event staff will happily direct you to designated smoking areas outside of the venue.